Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
I have an Asus A7M266-D motherboard that for some strange reason doesn't have USB built in (they but onboard audio instead!). To rectify this Asus supplies a PCI USB card and drivers for Windows. Has anybody had any experience with these cards under Linux, specifically RH 7.3? Will RH detect them automatically or will I need drivers?

Thanks.

As long as the card supports UHCI, OHCI, or EHCI (USB 2.0 is EHCI), you should be fine. I don't know of any USB card that doesn't support one of these standards, so you should be fine. If things don't work out for you, contact me off list and I'll sell you my NEC USB 2.0 PCI card- my new MB coming Tues. afternoon has 6 USB 2.0 ports onboard so I have no need for an extra four.

Bob Raymond