On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:16:03 -0400 (EDT)
Net Llama! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:16:29 -0400
> > Joel Hammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > That's too bad. xv is looking like a good, simple choice to view and
> > > sort tiff files. It would be real nice not to have to hit the update
> > > button all the time. Maybe I'll try to contact the author and see if
> > > there is some way to do this in the code.
> >
> > While on the xv topic: does anyone else have the problem with xv that,
> > when viewing images from a list in xv, the image window is not always
> > redrawn when the new image is loaded? It happens on all xv I run un
> > Caldera. And only xv. I have used xv elsewhere (UnixWare) without no
> > complaint at all. Great program!
>
> Are you saying that if you load 1 image, and then load a 2nd, the 1st
> doesn't get removed?  That doesnt' happen to me.

Yep. Consistently. The attached gif demonstrates. I first loaded the sco
logo thing. Then I loaded another image (a dark photo, so the black is
correct in the part of the image I captured). The part where the sco logo
was stayed. I could even capture it. I do not see any relationship between
the image types being loaded. None have any alpha(transparent) layers or
allow any progressive loading, whivh xv does not support. They are'simple'
images. Other times the window does not resize to match the new image. If I
iconify/deiconify the window it works. I suspect xv is missing an XFlush
somewhere. This on Caldera 3.1.1.

--
| Roger Oberholtzer          |   E-mail:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |