without attaching a keyboard to my server, I could press the power off button and expect the linux to gracefully run `poweroff -n`, just like
the Window$. ctrl-alt-del is just a different way of `shutdown -r now`

Just 2 days ago, I needed to shutdown my linux server in a hurry (fire in my building's ilft control room). well, still no life service until now for those living on the 20th floor. hoho...

Huh? The power button isn't part of the keyboard, so no. I dont' understand what you're trying to do anyway.

--
 Swiftly. Silently. Invisibly.  .~.   In Linux we trust.
                               / v \