On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 14:05, Tim Wunder wrote:

> The *only* thing that RH8.0 does better than other distro's I've tried is
> render fonts. They're beautiful. I just don't think that's gonna keep me
> there. I'll see how quickly they come out with an update release, though.
> Laziness is pervasive...
>
> Regards,
> Tim

Well, we decided to revert the machines back to RH R7.3. To tell the
truth, that's what I recommended because I don't feel like spending the
time on a saturday figuring out what the people at RH did and then
undoing it. FWIW, on each of the machines, the only rpm command that
performs as advertised is rpm -h. Other than that, invoking rpm with any
other switch freezes the session... Even from the command line.

I've got a copy of R 8.0 and later on this week I'll spend the time
figuring out what has to be done to fix it (To satisfy users who insist
on using R8). This is a *serious* bug and it's positively shameful that
RH released R8.0 with it in it. Personally, I would stay away of RH R8.0
for a few months... Considering a bug of this magnitude exists in the
release, what other pleasures await the unknowing masses...?...

Best

Peck