This may be partly a Caldera question and I know there aren't many
Calderians left.

I've got kde3 installed and running as a user and things are fine.  I
can also log in to kde2 as root.

Now I'm trying to get kde3 running as root, also.

This works fine, but there seems to be no /root/.kde3 directory as
there is for other users (I have /root/.kde and /root/.kde2).  So every
time I log in as root, I go through the kde3 setup and it does not seem
to be saved anywhere.  Now, if I try to remove /root/.kde from within a
kde desktop, some process creates a new /root/.kde before my very eyes
within a few seconds!!  What process could be "watching" the contents
of /root to do this??

--
Tony Alfrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]