On Monday 04 November 2002 05:46 pm,Tim Wunder wrote:
> On Monday 04 November 2002 19:05, Tony Alfrey wrote:
<snip>

> > I'm having a problem with writing a personal kde directory.
<snip>

> >-------- ----
>
> What startup script are you using to set KDEHOME?
> When I was running KDE3.0.3 compiled from source on my Caldera
> install, I editted the opt/kde3/bin/startkde script, adding
> export KDEDIR=/opt/kde3
> export KDEDIRS=/opt/kde3
> export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3
> export KDEHOME=~/.kde3
> export PATH=/opt/kde3/bin:$PATH
> and kdehome=~/.kde3
>
> and I *think* it worked, but I rarely booted into kde3 as root...
>
> HTH,
> Tim

Exactly like yours.  Things work fine as a normal user with
/home/tony/.kde3.
No dice as root.  Insists on making and saving to /root/.kde regardless
of KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde3
Do me a favor please and look in /root/.kde3/share/config and tell me
(generally) what you've got.  That would tell me a lot.

--
Tony Alfrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]