On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:44:31 +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> I have a rather large MH format mail folder. I want to convert it to
> Maildir format. Has anyone done this? I expect I would need to use
> procmail's formail command. I have done this to convert a flat mail file
> into Maildir format. I just don't seem to get this for an MH folder with
> subdirs. Anyone have a hint?

I have not used MH format, but I see that mutt can use it as well as mbox
and Maildir.

A while back I wanted to convert from mbox to Maildir.  Since I use mutt, I
backed up my mail directory and then changed my .muttrc to use Maildir.
Then I opened up one of the mbox folders and tagged all the messages and
saved them in a new folder. This new folder was then Maildir.  I guess you
could do the same thing with converting MH to Maildir.  This would be pretty
easy if you are already using mutt.

Surely there are other ways, but this would be worth a try if nothing else
turns up.  There might be a converter at www.freshmeat.net.

--
Anita
GnuPG key: 1024D/9EDAC910