Killedid my bread and butter - AppGen - Major problems on the GUI side.
Other things (too many to recall) went kauput with my 8.1 Install.

Had to DOWNGRADE all the computers here back to 8.0 ....

SuSe 8.1 definately has it's share of problems. But I am told, Madrake 9.0
and RedHack 8.0 have problems as well.

All of these seems to be in the "rush" to go to the GCC 3.2 compiler ...

Keith Antoine wrote:
On Saturday 09 November 2002 04:20 am, Tony Alfrey espoused:

Hi
I happen to be on the suse list also (but don't use it much).
Ever since 8.1 came out, the amount of angst and problems seem to have
risen considerably on that list.  For you suse'ers, is this just new
users or does it seem that 8.1 might have been a little "rushed"??

I am unable to connect to the broadband with this Suse (use bpalogin) otherwise i prefer it to Mandrake which does not see my camera card and also cannot get it to see my dvd. This might be a problem weith the devfs it uses and my ignorance.

--
Ben Duncan Phone (601)-355-2574 Fax (601)-355-2573 Cell (601)-946-1220
Business Network Solutions