A cow bell and one better...

A couple of us pooled our disposable money resources and bought ourselves a
"portable" infrared motion detector and a "key fob" transmitter/receiver pair
and cobbled it all together... The finished detector looks just like all the
other ones guarding our work premises. You can't tell the differences!

One afternoon a few fridays ago, when management was on their way home, we
placed the detector/transmitter at the beginning of the hall that leads down to
our office/admin complex (yeah... a giant cubicle). Now we have ample warning
when one of the gestapo comes our way... beep... beep...

It's amazing what a couple of 46 year olds can come up with when there's time on
their hands and linux is at work... ;')

Anyways... no more surprises.