On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 06:42:13AM -0500, David A. Bandel wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:39:05 +0100
>begin  Zoki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed forth:
>
>> At 12:09 13/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>> >Windows NT and Windows 98 are no longer preinstalled on PC's. Downgrade
>> >Rights provide companies that are not currently able to migrate to a
>> >more current operating system the ability to use the company's
>> >preferred OS until there is a more efficient time to migrate. When the
>> >company is ready to migrate to Windows XP Pro, there are no additional
>> >costs or licensing requirements.

This is proving to be a major problem for companies who have
contracts with school systems requiring multi-year support, and
where there are strict budget restraints.

Another problem is that much of the ``educational'' software
doesn't run on XP in any case.

Bill

``...I'm not one of those who think Bill Gates is the devil.  I simply
suspect that if Microsoft ever met up with the devil, it wouldn't need an
interpreter.'' -- Nick Petreley