Hi all,

Boot problems: I've got Win on a JBOD array of my two 40GB disks with a Highpoint 374 IDE RAID controller. Linux is on a 60GB disk, alone, not in an array, also on the controller. Lilo boots it just fine. But I'm wondering what to do about getting Windows to work (don't tell me fdisk /dev/hdg because I do need it for some things still).

First: It hangs when I boot when I have "other=/dev/hdg1." And I'm assuming that that is wrong anyway because we are talking a RAID array. I also get these errors from Lilo when I run it:

Warning: Int 0x13 function 8 and function 0x48 return different
head/sector geometries for BIOS drive 0x80
fn 08: 1024 cylinders, 255 heads, 63 sectors
fn 48: 39870 cylinders, 16 heads, 63 sectors
Warning: Kernel & BIOS return differing head/sector geometries for device 0x82
Kernel: 14244 cylinders, 16 heads, 63 sectors
BIOS: 1024 cylinders, 255 heads, 63 sectors

/etc/lilo.conf is:

#lilo.conf
install=/boot/boot-bmp.b
boot=/dev/hda
prompt
timeout=150
lba32
vga=794
root=/dev/hda1
read-only
menu-title=" EPoX 8K5A3+"
image=/boot/bzImage-2.5.44
label=Gentoo
root=/dev/hde2
other=/dev/hdg1
label=Windows

Anything I need to have here to get my JBOD array picked up by Lilo so Windows can be booted somewhere other than out the door?

thanks

Bob Raymond