Some VERY Simple rules. Turn off ALL network Services not needed to run the system (this is done in
the inetd.conf file). Cancel, trash or otherwise do away with daemon process you DO NOT need.
With the FEW remaining services in networking - run them thru wrappers.
From there on, build the iptables/chains for the firewall.

Oh yeah ..... if you do NOT NEED NFS - get the h*ll rid of it .....

Robert Black Eagle wrote:

.

--
Ben Duncan Phone (601)-355-2574 Fax (601)-355-2573 Cell (601)-946-1220
Business Network Solutions