On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 04:29:44PM -0800, Net Llama! wrote:
> Its not really new, its been around for over a year, but i think its
> only been recently merged into the kernel tree.  I've used it a few
> times and didn't have any problems.  The eepro100 has always worked well
> for me, but i've seen some oddball cases where it started spewing errors
> for no apparent reason, and got it resolved by using e100.
>
> On 11/23/02 16:12, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >Hi, list,
> >
> >I was just configuring the 2.4.20-pre3 kernel and noticed that there's
> >a new driver for the Intel EtherExpressPro/100 chipsets. It is an
> >alternative driver, written by Intel and denominated e100, to Becker's
> >original eepro100 driver. Has anyone here used it and run into any
> >brick walls?

Thanks. I didn't realize it had been around for so long. The eepro100
has always Just Worked (c) here, too. It remains to be seen if it does
me any good. Presumably, because the driver comes from Intel, it will
be better, whatever that means, than Don Becker's. We shall see. It
appears to be working right now.

Kurt
--
Conversation, n.:
        A vocal competition in which the one who is catching his breath