On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 02:52:10PM -0800, Ted Ozolins wrote:
> I must be forgetting how to compile a kernel or something. On a slack 8.1
> system(2.4.18) after compiling the kernel during modules_install (depmod -a)
> I get:
> -- find kernel -path '*/pcmcia/*' -name '*.o' | xargs -i -r ln -sf ../{}
> pcmcia
> if [ -r System.map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map  2.4.18; fi
> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18/pcmcia/ibmtr_cs.o.gz
> depmod:         init_trdev
> depmod:         tr_type_trans
> depmod:         register_trdev
> depmod:         unregister_trdev
> make: *** [_modinst_post] Error 1
> bash-2.05a#
> I did not select any pcmcia during configuration yet I keep getting this
> stuff. I must be overlooking something, just am no longer sure what. Any have
> any idias? sure would like to resolve this.

I started encountering these problems because my modutils package was out of
date, even though it was the one distributed with Slackware. As it turned out,
modutils was from circa 2.4.6. Upgrading to the latest and greatest solved
the problem.

Kurt
--
A lot of people are afraid of heights.  Not me.  I'm afraid of widths.
                -- Steve Wright