Tony Alfrey wrote:

> I'm getting sales literature from my isp trying to sell me a DirectWay
> satellite link (the Hughes box).  The sales support people tell me I
> gotta use Windoze (ugh, ugh, ugh) and I seem to remember seeing
> something about an upcoming unix port.
> Is anybody out there using this DirectWay setup, and better yet, are you
> using linux??
> Thanks

Here's a couple of links which may help. My quick review seems to indicate
that you shouldn't get your hopes up.  I'm not using a satellite service
myself, but I was interested in it as a possible alternative. Please post
if you find anything promissing.

DirecPC Linux Driver Project: http://www.linuxvoodoo.com/drivers/direcpc/

Satellite Data and Alternative Operating Systems:
http://www.jasonn.com/sat-data/

DirecWay 2-Way High Speed Internet via Satellite:
http://www.macteks.com/sat/

cmr
--
Registered Linux User #241964