Feigning erudition, Richard Sivernell wrote:
% list
%
%    I need a little help here, I know my wife tells me
% I am beyond any help, I have rebuilt a machine and
% then hand install into /etc/modules/default the scsi
% driver to load. The main drive is IDE. Now when I co
% to ./config a buils I get the following:
% [root@RickSivernell autoconf-2.57]# ./configure
% bash: ./configure: bad interpreter: Permission denied
% [root@RickSivernell autoconf-2.57]#

What is at the top of the configure script?

#!/bin/sh

If so, /bin/sh better exist, at least as symlink.

#!/bin/bash

If so, /bin/bash better exists, at least as a symlink.

Here, /bin/sh is a symlink to /bin/bash.

% I have reinstalled the bash* from the image disk,
% and still have the proble. Using eWorkstation 3.1.1
% on previously runing system. All of the rebuild
% because of a flakey hard drive.

[...]

Kurt
--
Epperson's law:
        When a man says it's a silly, childish game, it's probably