Feigning erudition, Bob Hemus wrote:
% Condon Thomas A KPWA wrote:
% >
% > [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed thusly on Wednesday,
% > December 18, 2002 4:16 PM:
% >
% > > What in the hell is an Intel Tualatin processor? The Soyo web site
% > > has entries for "Intel Tualatin Motherboards." I've never heard of
% > > them.
% >
% > Intel has a large campus in Tualatin Valley, Oregon.  One must assume that
% > has something to do with it.

Right. Intel has a passion for naming things based on Pacific Northwest
geography. I was curious about the technology denominated by "Tualatin".

Thanks,

% I happen to live on the Klamath River in No. Cal.  There is an Intel
% processor named Klamath.  Don't know why?

Of course, there's also Deschutes (for the Deschutes River), and so on...

Kurt
--
"The identical is equal to itself, since it is different."
                -- Franco Spisani