Jim Bonnet wrote:
Does anyone know what ALEVRIUS! is? It looks like some virus.. but google doesn't have much on it..

I see it in etherape, haven't look at the code yet.. but will.

Thanks-
Jim
Ok, after doing some traffic sniffing the machine that is showing up as alevrius! is some stupid person trying to make a connections to my samba server. Although samba is denying the connection, they are _still_ showing up in the tcpdumps and ethereal.

There are 2 or 3 different IP's associated with this joker from the same netblock.. So who knows...

I know... I need a firewall..Luckily FRY's is open today I think.. But until my wife brought home a laptop from work and I turned on Samba for her to use her linux home dir I never saw this crud before.. Im pretty well locked down other than this new samba daemon..

ho well...

You guys have a great holiday season...
Jim Bonnet