On Sat, 28 Dec 2002 09:26:20 -0800
"Net Llama!" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ReiserFS sucks less than ext3  :)
>
> XFS is better than both.

Now for the minority opinion.

Having used all three and experienced no problems across lockups or
power outages (I have no UPS), I would say it akes no difference; any
of the three will be fine (about 1000% better than EXT2) for a desktop
system.

Having read a lot of reports in the past few years (no scientific poll),
I've seen about the same number of disaster scenarios for each of the
three fs.

I'm not interested in XFS (although it works great) until it's available
as a standard kernel offering (2.6).  If you want a Redhat 7.3 system,
you can get an XFS installer CD to go along with the standard Redhat
CDs.  Gentoo offers an XFS-patched kernel as a part of its installation
scenario.  And there are other choices.

YMMV

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area