On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 04:51:47PM -0500, Jerry McBride wrote:

>I've just finished my first blush with KDE 3.1. I gotta' tell ya', it's nice. On
>a scale of 1 to 10, it's right up there at 8 maybe a 9.
>
>What I like the best about KDE 3.1, is.... the applications FINALLY load quickly
>when compared to previous 3.xx revisions. My evaluation copy of KDE 3.1 was done
>on OpenLinux 3.1.1. I used GCC 2.95.3 and GLIB 2.2.5. I didn't use any
>performance enhancing compile options or tools (like objprelink) this first time
>around and... it still runs fast!

Does it allow you to specify applications that start sticky without
decorations?  This ability disappeared in kde2 or so, and is a show-stopper
as far as I'm concerned, and was the final straw that got me to shift from
kde to xfce.

I have a number of x-clients that I want to start sticky, some of which I
don't want to have the standard decorations (e.g. no top title bar since
all that's ever done in the windows is to click a button when mail arrives
starting an xterm with mutt in it).  The column of ``xbiff'' looking things
on the right side of the screen shot here illustrates it (xfce on an Apple
running Xdarwin):

        http://support.celestial.com/doc/osx/

Bill
--
INTERNET:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.

``Microsoft IIS has more holes than a wheel of Swiss Cheese after a shotgun
blast'' -- John Dvorak