That hardware should work fine. I'm running it at home and work and no problems. I'm running the final ship version of scolinux 4.0..

The issue with small ram is still there. To load from the CD you need like 96MB because of the ramFS that loads. We reccomend 128MB on the box.. I think you can load from floppies, which you can create, with less ram because you aren't loading so many device drivers all at once..

your sound card wont be configured during install, run alsaconf to set it up after the fact.

use webmin to admin the system it seems to be working fine now. of course you can always just admin by command line if you like..

thats it.. if you have further questions let me know.. I'll try to assist.

--Jim

Matthew Carpenter wrote:
All the HW issues I saw during the beta were worked out and no longer
bother me.  The one thing that caused me headaches in the final beta was
simply not enough memory to install on a 32mb system...
I've been running UL on several machines since the SCO Beta started and
have had good results.  I have not seen the release yet, so I'm not sure
if anything was broken between the beta3 and release...  One caveat in
BETA3 was the "Use UNIX Password" option in Webmin was borken...

Good solid system, though, from what I saw of Beta3.

begin  "Richard R. Sivernell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(Tue, 31 Dec 2002 00:00:58 -0600)

List

Has anyone got the new UL up & running. Are there any
thing to be aware of.
My system:
Asus P2b-f Mobo
750 meg mem