Collins wrote:

Now that I have my epson 1660 scanner and z53 printer working (many
thanks to Joel), I'm trying to get up to speed with the gimp.

My first project with the scanner is to crop a picture to heads only to
fit in a miniature frame.  I figured out how to select the portion of
the picture that I want and to scale down the image (approx. 14%) to fit
in the mini-frame, but the clipping is a square area, and the mini-frame
is round.

Is there a way to clip out a cricular region from an image?

From the big gimp dummy, or the big dummy gimp, depending on your
viewpoint. <g>

I recall seeing a gimp script that does that and more. I just checked http://www.gimp.org/scripts.html but for some reason all the links seem to be dead from here.

--