On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 10:16:23AM -0500, Joel Hammer wrote:
>Just an update on this camera.
>
>I have been using it for about a week. It takes excellent photos,
>faraway and close up, and plays very nicely with linux. Red eye is
>still a nuisance, however. I must be doing something wrong there. So,
>if anyone is looking for a moderately priced digital camera ($280),
>this is an excellent choice.

The most effective thing I've done with my Olympus 2020 Zoom is to buy an
external flash which can be used for bounce rather than direct flash.  This
largely eliminates red eye, and reflections of the flash itself from the
pictures.  The Olympus doesn't have a hot shoe, so it required an adapter
for the flash which connects with a separate cable to the side of the
camera.  The adapter screws into the tripod mount screw on the bottom of
the camera, and provides a handle on left side of the camera with a mount
similar to the normal hot shoe.

Bill
--
INTERNET:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC
UUCP:              camco!bill   PO Box 820; 6641 E. Mercer Way

independence.
        -- Charles A. Beard