Feigning erudition, David A. Bandel wrote:
%
% And I _hate_ session managers -- that's why I dumped XFCE for Blackbox.
% Every XFCE upgrade was a nightmare because session manglement was default
% ON regardless of my previous setting for it.  I have a couple of apps
% (xconsole and xdaliclock) that run in the XDM root window and transfer to
% the users window on login.  With session manglement, there's one more
% xdaliclock running each login.  After a user has about 200 xdaliclocks
% down in the corner, the system starts to get real sluggish.

No! Really? ;-) I had a similar problem with xearth, so I hacked up
a little script that would kill it if it's running before starting
it again. This is no longer a problem with FVWM, but I still use the
script and invoke it when the window manager starts or restarts.

Kurt