On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 02:13:53PM -0800, Ted Ozolins wrote:
>Its time to acquire a new printer my Caon BJC-210's small ink cartridge
>is becoming a POS. I've been looking at HP6122, HP6127 and Z65n
>(Lexmark) printers. All three of these use a decent size ink cartridge
>and of course the print quality is astonishing.  The HP use PCL 3 and
>the Lexmark <shrug>who knows.. Is anyone using any of these and was
>there any "chicken_leg_shaking_ceromony" required to configure them.
> Any pros/cons would be greatly appreciated.

I just bought an HP Photosmart 7350, and wish I had spent my money on an
Epson instead because the Epsons just drop in with CUPS and gimp-print
while the HP required a lot more fiddling than I really wanted to do.

If your goal is just black and white printing, then a laser printer will
probably be less expensive in the long run than an inkjet since inkjets
seem to go on the razor model, make the printer cheap, and soak the
customer on supplies.

Bill

The pinnacle of open systems is: when moving from vendor to vendor, the
design flaws stay the same.