Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
I've notice that when my system boots and is doing SCSI device discovery that it lists a scanner multiple times. The RAID, SCSI CD, are discovered and then the scanner shows up as filling all the luns on a card. It's like it answers to the query for each lun. It is an old Microteck Scanmaker IIsp so maybe that's it?

I remember this happen in the old 2.2.x kernel days on my Open Linux 2.4 machine, when my CD ROM drive and my burner each showed up eight times.
The remedy was a kernel recompile: Setting
"Probe all LUNS on each SCSI device"
(ie CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN)
in the SCSI support section to "no" (in the stock Caldera kernel config this option was set to "yes").
So take a look at your kernel's settings.
Klaus