Yes, Sylpheed does a good job but I had to put the list's address in
properties/default to make it work.  However, many of us check lists via webmail and
if some idiot, er excuse me administrator, sets the list up so we can't reply to it we
have to A) remember it or b) find someplace in the message we're replying to and
copy/paste the address.

Most of the lists (except for two) that I belong to allow me to hit reply and answer
the person ON THE LIST.  The other two have set the list up so reply goes to the
sender instead of the list - some excuse about a mailbox filling up and sending stuff
back to the list but I've never seen that in all the time I've subscribed to lists.
Those two lists give me 99% of the grief - I am replying to an individual and have to
reply to the list again.  Going to Sylpheed from Kmail (and I'm not looking back <G>)
helped but not everyone runs Sylpheed.  As Lonnie said - it's a convience for list
admins, not the users.