About all I can see there is like Llama said. You can keep things a bit more
orderly. Also, crontab is a single file, you can throw as many files as you
want into cron.d, I have not tried it but I think that you can probably throw a
shell script in there too.

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:48:56 -0500 - Douglas J Hunley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
the following
Re: Re: what's the point of /etc/cron.d?