On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Net Llama! wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, stayler wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:49:07 +1000, Keith Antoine wrote:
> >
> > > Greenies are being blamed for stopping of fire hazzard
> > >reduction and clearing of trees.
> > >Mind you people love to build houses nowadays in rural tree filled area
> >
> > The same things are being said in thge US.  I tend to agree, the
> > Greenies are way to intolerant of any ideas on how to manage the land,
> > other than leaving it completely alone.  And we can all see how nature
> > manages itself...
>
> Nature manages itself just fine.  All of the screwed up weather is
> occuring because of the greenhouse effect, which didn't get started by a
> few bears pooping in the woods.

Depends on your standards for "just fine".  Nature has no problem with
widespread death, or even extinction.  People in general have a different,
less dispassionate view.  Nature's arranged that the entire planet will
be sterilized eventually, but I expect people to complain at least and
perhaps vacate the premises.  And so on....

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD  (805) 650-6274  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Permanent e-mail forwarder: mailto:Kevin.O'[EMAIL PROTECTED]