Bruce Marshall wrote:

On Sunday 26 January 2003 11:24 am, Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:

Are those the "program information files" from the bad old WIN 3.xx
days? I remember there was a so called "Pif editor" in Windows, but
weren't those pif files plain text?

And why would anyone want to deal with one?? (just curious)

It is not a matter of wanting to but rather having to. I've acquired several volumes of Philips/Fluke tech manuals on cd's, unfortunately a lot of it is in .pif format. There's always some clown out there who doesn't understand the concept of "universal accessability". All the other tech manuals I have on cd's use .pdf which makes sense. These Philips manuals were not created by Philips/Fluke. I'll have to get hold of the bozo's that put this stuff together and see if I can figure out what they've been smoking. : )

--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.