I noticed that the `make install` ran chmod on /usr/include/*.h. and this may be why checkinstall included the file. I think the installation script just copied some *.h files to /usr/incldue, but too lazy to write each each *.h a chmod statement.

I would say this is un-acceptable if that's the case.

Kurt Wall wrote:
Feigning erudition, m.w.chang wrote:
% % I am learning to re-compile apache, and for milk's sake,
% why would the installation script touched the /usr/include/ctype.h?
% As a result, after I used checkinstall to make install, a subsequent % and rpm -e apache would delete /usr/include/ctype.h.

Did the build process *change* the header file, or just touch it, that
is, modify the timestamp? If the file was modified, then that's quite distburbing and certainly not something I want userspace software doing
to system header files.

Kurt