greets, folks!

i am hoping to do a little bit of wirelessness here, largely -- no,
entirely -- so that my wife can take her notebook machine out of her
office and up by the fireplace (it was several degrees below zero
here again this morning). problem is, i already have a nice hardwired
network set up here, the lone purpose of which is to firewall and to
give all the machines internet access via the cable modem. i am not
especially eager to move everything to wireless.

what i'm wondering, then, is whether it's possible to use one of the
existing ports on my router, put a wireless box on it, put a wireless
pcmcia nic in the notebook, and have it all work. and, if so, whether
there's any special trick to making it work. it seems as if this
ought to be okay, but it might also be that there would be some sort
of dhcp collision or something, by chaining a wireless box (router,
right?) after another router.

ideas?
--
dep

http://www.linuxandmain.com -- outside the box, barely within
the envelope, and no animated paperclip anywhere.