James McDonald wrote:

I have just had a sco box at work kark itself and it was upgraded to rh7.2 the only issue is the sony 9000 dat drive is now spitting back *WR_PROT errors any ideas/web sites*
** **
Its probably none of my business.. But, why would you "upgrade" to rh7,2? Didn't you read the bit recently from RedHat about end of product lifecycle? I've never seen a sco box "kark" itself.. What exactly is that?!

But onto the question: You sure your drive is NOT write protected? Thats what WR_PROT is telling you.. You don't give the full error so its hard to say what the real problem is.

-j