David hit this one pretty well already.

Alternatives?  SFTP (based on ssh and available for Windows), HTTPS if they are only
pulling, filesharing (samba, NFS, etc...), and many other options.  All respectable
email systems limit email size, most to 3MB, the daring might go even as high as 10MB,
but they tend to be masochists which huge budgets and many RISC-based systems.