Lonnie:

I am posing my question to you and to the list. I respect the knowledge
and helpfulness with the list.

I am running out of room on my linux installation. When I want to
install something new under linux, I look at my disk usage with df -k
and see that 98% is used of a 1.4 gig partition.

I am trying to find some way to either 1) expand the size of my linux
partition dynamically, without destroying the data it contains, or 2)
move some of my folders to an alternate partition on my system, where I
have room, by creatively using mount and /etc/fstab entries, to point my
system to alternate locations.

Thanks for any help,

Scott