On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:22:08 +0800
Chong Yu Meng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

> Problem : The mail will be delivered if the recipient has a email
> account on XYZ.com (i.e. [EMAIL PROTECTED]), but if the recipient
> belongs to some other domain, the mail will not get delivered.

relay problem -- you're not permitted to relay.  The mail server must
accept mail from the web host for relay.  You need an entry in
/etc/mail/access for the web server.

[snip]

> After discussing this problem with the ISP, I was told that one
> workaround is to install an SMTP agent on my server.

This will work, but you may find some mails servers complaining about
your not having an MX address.  Best to have the mail sent to a system
you are permitted to relay through that is a legitimate e-mail server.
That server can always rewrite the mail header any way you need.

[snip]

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                Nemesis Racing Team motto