On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 06:39:19AM -0700, Collins Richey wrote:
..
>The slightly more standard approach is to use the /path/to/OO/spadmin
>program which will allow you to set the default.

Not to appear too dumb, but where does one find this in OpenOffice?
Changing the printer paper size in OO1.0 as a normal user lasts for one
print job, then reverts to A4.  I haven't tried running it as root.

I can run the spadmin program from the command line as root, and that
appears to do the Right Thing(tm).

I have to admit that I'm a rank novice with OpenOffice.  I haven't used a
Word Processor seriously since Scripsit 2.0 on a Radio Shack Model II.  I
do the vast majority of my writing in vi for groff or DocBook XML (with a
filter I wrote to convert groff mm macros to XML :-).

Bill

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.  At best he
is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not
make messes in the house.
                -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"