I'm "connected" to the serial port /dev/ttyS0 and then this is connected
to either my Palm cradle or to the serial port of a microcontroller
that I'm using for developing an embedded application.  This happens
even if the serial port COM1 (ttyS0) is not even physically connected
to anything.  It is very wierd.

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 03:04 pm, Matthew Carpenter wrote:
> I don't think that it's not the configuration, it's the communication
> between the terminal emulation and the device.  This happens if I
> resize the window while connected to certain Cisco devices.
>

> On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:48:09 -0800
>
> Tony Alfrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > I use minicom as a terminal emulator.  I have no problem setting it
> > up with minicom -s, after which I select "exit", minicom starts and
> > we're off.
> > But if I try to save the configuration, and then start with the
> > saved configuration with
> > minicom configuration
> > just like the manual says, minicom starts in some sort of endless
> > loop that forces the console window to expand off the desktop,
> > constantly sending what looks like the character p, followed by a
> > carriage return without linefeed.
> > I can use it with the minicom -s trick, but this is a real PITA.
> > What am I doing wrong?
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > Tony Alfrey