On Thursday 20 February 2003 05:50 pm, el lodger wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 05:11:41 -0700
>
> Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > A user on another group pointed out this package, and I like it.  Wdm
> > is based on xdm, but it allows you complete choice of Session type,
> > reboot or shutdown, etc. from the gui login panel.
>
> Collins,
> I assume you don't use gnome since gdm does all that too.

Right, I don't, and I don't always use kde either. therefore I avoid kdm and
gdm.  Wdm is a good solution for the user who wants to throw less in the way
of resources into login/window management.

You can have a nice system with wdm plus xfce, blackbox, etc., etc. without
waiting 3-40 seconds just to start a window manager.  It's academic to me at
the moment, because I'm running KDE, but kdm has some sort of a bug (a qt
flaw) that makes it take forever to start, so I've scrapped it in favor of
wdm.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
Athlon-XP gentoo 1.4_rc2 kde 3.1