No doubt, not everyone likes all they read in the article. What I like
about it though is the well-deserved recognition Linux is finally
getting, albeit slowly and in some cases even begrudgingly. I remember a
while ago I sent an email to Steve Wildstrom, a BusinessWeek technology
editor, and kind of complained that BusinessWeek had never given Linux
any recognition.Steve's reply was (I forget the exact words) something
along the lines: well, Linux was great as a server software, but when
its came to desktops and user applications, it fell short,etc. Well,
that was about a year ago. Look what can happen in just one year! This
is certainly a big boost to users like me who switched from windows to
Linux for no reason other than disgust with Microsoft's dreadful
near-monopoly and outright exploitation of the consumer.