On 2/26/2003 6:44 AM, someone claiming to be Collins wrote:
On Tuesday 25 February 2003 09:11 pm, Tim Wunder wrote:

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 9:14 pm, someone claiming to be Collins wrote:

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 07:30 am, Tim Wunder wrote:

Anybody try Mandrake 9.1 beta 3 and get the OpenOffice RPM to install?
My son's having difficult getting the rpm to take. I don't have the
specific error handy (sorry), so I'm just looking for verification that
it can be done. I've tried the RPM from Mandrake's Cooker site, and
that's failing, too.

My approach would be: get the binary package from OO.org, but then I'm never a fan of RPM. <grin>

heh... That's what we did. I prefer compiling source and installing as RPM via checkinstall. But I'm certainly *not* going to compile OOo...

Which part of "binary package" did you fail to understand? I've never found a need to compile OO. Just download, install, it's ready to fly in a few minutes.

Um, neither. I understood perfectly. Just trying to follow up on your RPM comment, I *do* like RPM, but not precompiled RPMs.

BTW, which part of "that's what we did" did *you* not understand? ;-)

Tim