My $deity, its horrifying that Redhat actually wants to make a profit!
Such bastards.

Sorry, but i don't see how this is a bad thing.  Granted, i haven't seen
the actual email in question, but i suspect that ftp://updates.redhat.com
will remain freely accessible, and that anyone wanting automagic updates
would have to pay.  Getting a service usually means paying for said
service.  The fact that Redhat provided it gratis for this long should be
commended.