Sorry about the off-topic question, but my wife will be grateful for
possible help.
My wife has a conventional 3 1/2" floppy that she formatted eons ago on
an old Compaq computer.  She says
a) the old Compaq would read floppies formatted on an IBM PC.
b) floppies formatted on her Compaq could not be read on other PCs.

Sounds to me like a poorly-aligned floppy drive but maybe it's something
more subtle.
My box says it can't recognize the file system on the floppy (when using
the 'auto' option in the mount command).  Is there any possibility that
the old Compaq had some wierd file system for floppies (obviously a
question for the old farts among the list  ;-)  ).
Thanks very much!

--
Tony Alfrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]