On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:30:15 -0500
Joel Hammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is what I have. When I first ran apt-get, I was told I had to
> update my sources, so I pressed Y and everything went automatically.
>
> deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
> deb ftp://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib
> non-free

woody is stable

If you don't know who Woody is, go watch Toy Story.  Sid (the brat next
door) is unstable.  Other releases have been potato, slinky, etc.

I suggest you change "woody" to "stable".  Then copy the stable lines
and change "stable" to "testing" (so you'll have entries for both stable
and testing).  Don't add unstable unless your want to risk having an
unstable system.

[snip]

> Well, now my next job is to figure out how to make this thang allow
> remote X sessions. This could take a while. As I recall, libranet did
> that without any effort on my part, but lindows doesn't seem quite so
> obliging.

Depending on how "Debian" Lindows is, you'll have a lot of work to do.
Debian runs the Xserver with options like " -nolisten TCP" and turns off
xdm.  Almost every file to do with X needs tweaking.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                Nemesis Racing Team motto