There is a lot of verbiage here, just skip to the end if you don't want to
waste your time.

I have gotten my lindows computer to be a a client to a remote X server.
I can telnet to my lindows box from the remote X server box, mess with
the display settings, and then run programs on the lindows box which
display on the X server box.

I can also make my lindows box be an XDCMP client to other linux boxes.
These linux boxes are running kdm, which is listening to udp port 177,
as it usual.

But, what I cannot do is make my lindows box function as an XDCMP server.
That is to say, I cannot run, on another linux box:

X :2 -query lindowsbox

and get a login page. I just get the grey screen that says to me I don't
have a display manager working. kdm is running on the lindows box but
it is NOT listening to port 177. It is not listening to any port, in fact.

I cannot find man pages for kdm, just xdm. xdm had a command line option
for udpPort (which I tried with kdm, no help) and a configuration file
called xdm-config. The kdm on the other linux systems seems to refer to
xdm-config (you can find this file with strings in the kdm binary on the
other linux boxes) but the kdm binary on the lindows system doesn't refer
to xdm-config, and there is a big binary kdm_config on the lindows box,
which must do the same thing. This may be a difference between kde2 on
the other linux boxes and kd3 on the lindows box.

THE END

ANYWAY, to make a long story short, how can I start kdm in a modern
debian kde3 box so kdm will listen to udp port 177 and function as an
XDCMP server?

Does anyone know where to get a man page for kdm?

Thanks,
Joel