At 03:35 PM 13/03/2003 -0500, you wrote:
If you're just doing video in, I've HEARD great things about the cheapo
Hauppauge WinTV card you can buy at Walmart and Best Buy.
I'm about to pick one up and test it out.  Otherwise I'm saving up my pennies
for a ATI AIW/RADEON card

I have recently purchased a Hauppauge tv 250 and it will not install with linux as the drivers used are no longer BTxxx but as they replied to me:

Hi,
We are using ITVC15 conexan chip for your model. There is no Linux driver
for this model yet.

I wanted hardware mpeg2 encoding to keep everything synced, but I now find that the
pinnacle TV pro would have been the better buy as its bt based.

Keith Antoine