So you're saying that InnoDB on MySQL is somewhat like ext3, an add-on to
existing functionality rather than a fundamental change.  This seems to fit
MySQL's place in the market.  It is useful for many people, since like ext3
InnoDB works well for basic functionality.  It is not an Oracle killer, for
that you need a different design.