I tried this in my lilo.conf
other=/dev/hdc1
        label=XP

And ran lilo. On reboot, I can boot into linux but not windows. It tries to
boot but fails with a message saying error loading operating system. This is
an improvement over using /dev/hdc, where the computer just hangs.

I tried using the table directive, but it doesn't work. If I use:

table=/dev/hda

in the main section I get an error when lilo runs and putting this into the
"other" section gets a fatal error, no partition information found.

So, any suggestion welcome.

I suspect this may have to do with the fact that windows doesn't like being
on the third (ID2) hard drive, especially since when I installed XP on this
drive it was IDE0.

Joel