On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 09:51:43 -0500
Tim Wunder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 28 March 2003 11:34 pm, someone claiming to be Collins
> wrote:<snip>
>
> > Also, Kmail has a minor hitch.  You only get to edit settings once
> > without restarting.
> >

> Interesting. There's a thread on comp.windows.x.kde about this, too.
> So you're not alone. The guy's a Slackware 9 user, too. Could be a
> problem with packaging? I don't have the problem with my
> compiled-from-source KDE 3.1.1+. Could be a bug that's been fixed and
> isn't in the package as supplied by Slack...

I'm sure that's the case.  Gentoo does really a superb job of ferreting
out the right mixture of patches most of the time.  I'm not really a KDE
user, but given the fact that Slack doesn't have the setup for xfce as a
standard offering, I chose to run KDE for the initial tinkering period.

The more serious problem is with X.  I need to determine what to do
about the flickering screen before I try it again.  When I see that, I
immediately think of potential monitor damage.

--
Collins