An unnamed Administration source, Collins Richey, wrote:
% Well now, things are looking up.
%
% 1. Solved my X problem.  I could have sworn that I moved by XF86Config
% file to Slack, but lo and behold it was not what I was using.  Now
% corrected; flicker gone.
%
% 2. Slack gets a big A+ for detecting my sound card automatically and for
% setting up CD writer automatically.
%
% 3. Slack gets a B+ for settting up my printer almost.  Printer support
% is activated, but my LJ1100 just sits there with a blinking light, which
% means that the wrong type data is arriving.  I looked, and it doesn't
% appear that Ghostscript is on board, so I'm not surprised that this
% doesn't work.

/usr/share/apsfilter/SETUP

should do the trick.

% 4. Through google, I found a source of Slack packages.  Sylpheed and
% aterm are up and running.

What's the source?

% 5. Now the search begins in earnest to get Phoenix up and going.  The
% phoenix nightlies (binaries) require older compatibility C++ and libc5
% and libc6 libraries in order to work with all the plugins that aren't
% yet up to current compiler/library standards.  Gentoo has all this
% packaged(lib-compat).  Is there any equivalent in the way of a Slack
% package?

Nothing comes to mind, but I rarely use pre-packaged stuff.

% 6. Slack gets a B+ for providing a usable, but not quite up to snuff
% version of KDE.

Pretty decent grades, I say.

Kurt
--
In Tulsa, Oklahoma, it is against the law to open a soda bottle without
the supervision of a licensed engineer.